01 October 2010

Castellers

(En español en De Vuelta con el Cuaderno)
Friday 24 was La Mercè, a big festival in Barcelona. I went to Plaça Sant Jaume to see the castellers. I've always thought this is a beautiful metonymy of the collective work, and I'd say it's not a case that this old tradition had taken deep roots in Catalonia. I've seen castells all my life on tv or films, but this was the first time I had the opportunity of seen them live. Really exciting, at some moments I got goosebumps.



La Mercè 02

La Mercè 03

La Mercè 04

La Mercè 05

9 comments:

  1. como siempre captando el momento, impresionante miguel.
    que tal fue todo por treviso, he visto algunas fotos y a victor y a mi nos corroia la envidia,(sana....)
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracias Josu! Lo de Treviso fue fantástico, incluso nos hicimos un salto a Venecia que está cerquita. Ya lo verás por aquí. Lapin que es más rápido que yo ya ha empezado a publicar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No paráis quietos. Ya nos veremos el próximo Sketchcrawl y explicaréis todo. Envidia y muy sana que luego me sube la azucar y me pongo malo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once again, your lines of drawing and use of colors have amazed me! Everything feels just right! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gracias Víctor. Ya te contaré dentro de 2 semanas.
    Thank you, Naoko!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ciao!
    Mi piace molto il tuo stile semplice ma tremendamente efficace! NICE&STRONG. Da oggi ti seguo.
    wawos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Non facili da realizzare ma molto, molto efficaci.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Superb and 'sense of place' as well as beautiful drawing. Vibrant colour accents help a lot , too!

    ReplyDelete